Prime Partners Ltd (PPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of The State Investment Corporation Limited, is the corporate secretarial arm of the Corporation.
PPL provides a range of corporate secretarial services to the SIC Group of Companies, and also to some state-owned enterprises. These companies are involved in diverse sectors of the economy such as banking, insurance, tourism, investment, fund management, housing, property development, entertainment, agro-industry, duty free shopping, provision of Information and Communication Technologies, promotion/ development of entrepreneurship in Mauritius, trade facilitation and social empowerment. PPL works in a coordinated approach with its clients to meet the legal and statutory requirements and compliance with good governance principles.
The key services of PPL include the following:-
- Servicing of meetings of the Board, Board sub-committees and Shareholders meetings of client companies;
- Maintenance of statutory registers and minute books;
- Preparation of annual reports and corporate governance reports;
- Filing of statutory returns with the Companies Division within the prescribed time;
- XBRL Financial Reporting;
- Advising on corporate governance matters;
- Provision of registered office facilities;
- Incorporation of companies;
- Making applications for voluntary liquidation of companies or to apply for voluntary strike off;
- Providing assistance to companies to make changes to their share capital structure to meet the needs of the business, such as issue of shares to new or existing shareholders, capital reduction, alteration of share class rights, creation of new class of shares, rights issue etc;
- Assisting clients to shift to Board Portal so that the Board may be managed digitally, thereby improving governance, boosting security, providing more usable information to their directors.